Saturday, July 26, 2008

Choking in badminton

Choking is what others refer as Stage Fright,Freakout,Shock,Panic,Lost,Confuse,don't know what to do orI don't know what the hell am I doing in there.

This occurs only you do not have a routine to followin your game,nervous,unknown like don't know who am I playing against,or known like I am playing with a verygood player no chance,making a mistake and not getting back where you actually belong.

As an elite athlete you MUST be able to control this situation and NOT THE VICTIM to the situation.

So the first basic principle is set up a routine. How to go about?

when we train a particular technical skill over and over... again and again.

We are actually searching which is the most effective time to strike the shuttle, eg. how high and at what distance am I away from the shuttle. (SENSING DISTANCE)

What impact speed am I supposed to hit it. How do I feel the impact upon contact. (FEELING THE STRENGTH)

What sound did I hear, a solid one,a soft one or onethat I think that it hits the frame. (HEARING THE IMPACT)

How fast is the shuttle speed (FEELING THE SPEED)

hat is the flight like? too low too high or just high enough to clear pass the opponent. (SEEING THE FLIGHT)

And lastly what do you feel about that shot, feeling good,satisfactory feeling, accomplishment feeling.

While your mind is going through' all this you are focusing your training. When you are focus your mind is fully occupied on what you are doing out there and result you will not choke. You are under control of what you are doing and what you are supposed to do.

3 comments:

Badminton Training said...

One thing I'd like to add to avoid choking is building consistency thru badminton training; consistency in your hits, consistency in your footwork, etc.

Badminton Flare said...

Proper Training schedule is essential to maintain the elite performance , I am totally agree that consistence is also equally important because it will help in developing your energy and performance level specially in Badminton game.

sana said...

I just love your blog, thanks for sharing such a nice information about Badminton .