Saturday, November 8, 2008

lossing to a player that is weaker than you

I believe that most of the badminton player went through this even the international player like Lin Dan. That event happen in 2004 which he lost to Ronald Susilo. It happened to me as well. This shows that badminton is not all about physical and skills, it also about mental skills.

I remembered during my teens, i had played with the same player 2 times and i always had a close fight with him but lost to him during competition, I keep asking myself why i always lost to him, but i could not find an answer. I found out the answer after the last time i played with him and won the game during our college competition.

The answer that i keep lossing to him is because I WAN to win him too much and keep making mistake. The last time i played with him, i just have a mindset that keep ever shuttles in the court and winning and lossing is not important to me , will just play a good badminton game.

So guys having different mindset in different situation is important in badminton.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you play badminton? Are you a player? I am a local player here in my hometown. I play since I was a child. I learn badminton from HERE and HERE

Keep playing,

Badminton Sport|Coaching|Games

lovely first month said...

hi pasifik yeah i am a badminton player hope we can share knowledge together and i got a proffessionl coach can give advice

Joshua Aaron Voo said...

where r u from...do u have a team??interested in friendly match??

Anonymous said...

WE HAVE A MENTAL TRAINING PROGRAM AT KIMG TRAINING CAMP. YOU CAN JOIN OUR GROUP, WE TRAIN-3 TIMES A WEEK, ITS FOR FREE. CALL (0929) 8582515. JUST INFORM US IN ADVANCE SO WE KNOW HOW MANY TARINEES WILL ATTEND. ENJOY YOUR BADMINTON and NEVER REST IN UPGRADING IT!!!

Casper said...

Happens to me time after time. it is all mental i guess!
check out http://badminton-pro.cz.cc for some useful badminton info.

Badminton Skills said...

This is definitely true, you either consciously or subconsciously adjust your badminton skills down for the weaker player, which may cause you to lose.

I Love Badminton Racket said...

Its 100% true not in only badminton but all type of games thats why nowadays badminton coaches are focusing more on mental strengths . Yoga and meditation are the great ways to improve the mental strength and concentration. By getting mental strength you can control the badminton racket effectively.

Anonymous said...

Hey

I thought you might like to peak at this Badminton site where I purchased a really amazing badminton book, it helped me improved my style of play, firming up my game and proper footwork with a lot more in the book.

I hope it could help you as much as it has me, from now winning tournaments instead of being 4th or 5th at them.

Link below- Hope it helps, like it did me!
http://tinyurl.com/FireBadminton